I recently brought the YONGNUO 50mm Prime lens for Canon EF mount.
The lens is a great cheaper alternative for Canon’s own 50mm prime. For that price range the result was incredibly awesome. It is a standard prime lens for Canon Rebel digital camera. Works well with 5D, 7D, 60D, 70D, T3, T3i, T5, T5i, etc.
Canon 50 mm vs Yongnuo 50 mm
Below are the things I felt from first usage of my Yongnuo 50 mm Lens
- Lens body is cheap. Durability is not comparable to Canon. Sometimes you feel that the internal lens parts are not fixed well. I found it bit shaky.
- I guess this is the first autofocus lens from Yongnuo. And so the feature was not great. Most of the time it doesn’t focus on places it is supposed to.
- Price: The price of Yongnuo is just around one third compared to Canon
- Image quality of both the lens were almost similar. Though I found canon Images to be a bit more sharper.
Find below some of the photos I have clicked with this lens.
There is no conclusion such as one is better than the other. But if you have only a little to spend and ready to compromise a bit on image detailing, then Yongnuo is the choice. Otherwise go for Canon.
- You can buy this lens for Canon from amazon.com.
Please do watch the video for sample images and video footage shot with various lens parameters and don’t forget to subscribe.